Announcing the Great Stargate Rewatch!
It's been awhile since I've done any TV reviews, in part because I don't have a ton of time for TV watching these days. However, I've recently started rewatching my favorite show, Stargate SG-1, with my best friend Lamb who's never seen it. (GASP)
So, in honor of that, I've decided to do short reviews of every episode we watch together. Since there's 10 seasons of SG-1 (and an additional five more of Atlantis, assuming she's still enjoying the show and/or I continue without her), this is a massive undertaking.*
To make it simple for myself, I'm going to segment my reviews into the following sections:
- The Plot Thickens: A short description of the episode's events.
- Themes and Thoughts: My personal commentary, as a seasoned viewer of the show. I've seen every episode at least once, so I'll be reflecting on the episode's place in the show's overall oeuvre and giving my personal opinion.
- Character Corner: This section will call out any long-running growth or character arcs for the main cast.
- He Said, She Said, It Said: Stargate's full of quotables. This will be my favorite quote(s) from the episode.
- Holy Bad Guys, Batman!: Commentary on the episode's villain du jour, including how threatening and/or scary they are, how they interact with the core cast, etc.
- New Eyes, New Viewpoint: A summary of my best friend's thoughts on the episode, as someone who has never seen it before.
With my book reviews, I try to add one per week on a regular basis. These Stargate reviews will be a bit more sporadic, since a) I'm watching with a friend and schedules have to match and b) I need to fit them around my regular book reviews. Still, I'm aiming to do at least four per month.
*We do not speak of the third show.